At Homebodii, we strive for a more sustainable, eco-friendly future.
We realise that it can be incredibly intimidating to try to reduce your environmental footprint, especially when you compare your efforts to those around you.
However, it takes breaking ‘sustainability’ down into small, manageable steps to realise just how much influence you have over your environmental footprint – the root of sustainable living is in your day-to-day routine.
So, we have produced a list of simple changes you can make to kickstart your journey towards a more sustainable and eco-friendly future:
- Turn the water off when cleaning your face.
- Use reusable cotton pads to removing your makeup.
- Hand wash your clothes, particularly if you only have a few items to clean
- Hang your wet clothes on a drying line/rack instead of using the drying machine.
- Repurpose old clothes as rags or donate to a local mechanic or kindergarten if no they are of no more use to you.
- Use a dishwasher instead of hand-washing – dishwashers today are far more energy and water efficient than our parents' when we were growing up!
- Carry around a bamboo or metal cutlery set with you – stop accepting plastic cutlery.
- If it’s available, ask suppliers and businesses to email you a copy of the receipt!
- Buy loose fruit and veg at the grocery store, we don’t need smaller plastic bags inside bigger ones!
- One of our personal favourites - Use veggie scraps to make vegetable broth. Just boil potato skins, carrot ends, broccoli stalks and any other scraps you have lying around and you have a cheap, healthy, additive-free soup base! Better yet – check out all the recipes you can make with underappreciated parts of the veggies, like this Broccoli stem salad!
- Finally, open up your blinds and use as much natural light as possible before switching on your light bulbs. More sunshine = more happy 🙂
Homebodii operates with a central focus on sustainability in all that we do which is why we are so proud of our entirely eco-friendly Petra range. Made entirely from 100% recyclable Tencel material, it is our most comfortable, breathable and feel-good collection yet! The Petra range features delicate bralettes, slips, PJ's and robes - so visit our Pacific Fair boutique or browse the full collection online.
We are still learning new ways to cut down waste and reduce our environmental impact. So, if you have any more useful tips on for us – we would absolutely love to hear them in the comment section below!